How to Deal With Cabin Fever & Beat Boredom
Does quarantine have you feeling trapped? Concerts are postponed, sporting events have been canceled, hot local spots have been shut down, and you’re trying to figure out how to deal with cabin fever and beat boredom. Well, while it’s important to stay safe during this pandemic, it’s just as important to stay sane, which means doing your best to keep busy, stay active, and if the things you enjoy doing are temporarily unavailable – improvise. Luckily, there are tons of unique ways to beat cabin fever without having to leave your residence.
Cabin Fever Things To Do
Cabin fever is an expression used to explain feeling bored or sluggish due to being stuck inside for hours or days. If unaddressed, the impact of cabin fever can be severe, resulting in depression or anxiety due to feeling isolated or cut off from the world. These feelings are especially common during these times of social distancing, self-quarantining, and mandatory sheltering in place. So, for those struggling with negative emotions and wondering what to do in quarantine when bored, it’s high time you tapped into your creative side. If you can’t leave the house, bring the excitement home to you with these few activities to beat boredom.
20 Ways to Beat Cabin Fever
- Complete a puzzle – the more challenging, the better!
- Start a blog
- Try out Tik Tok trends
- Take up bullet journaling
- Test out a new instrument (or dust off an old one)
- Write some poetry
- Marathon your favorite movie series (Harry Potter? LOTR? Star Wars?)
- Learn a foreign language online
- Read more books
- Meditate and relax
- Develop a self-care routine
- Look at pictures of puppies just because
- Learn how to make a charcuterie board – get extra with it! Challenge: Use only the foods you already have in your fridge and pantry.
- Write actual letters to friends and family
- Learn calligraphy
- Organize your space (finally!)
- Order an adult coloring book
- Start working on your Christmas wishlist
- Dye your hair – who’s going to see it?!
- Plan all of your post-quarantine trips
These are just some of the thousands ways to beat cabin fever and suggestions for boredom. Don’t let the pandemic get the best of you. Instead, make the best of it! Attempt new things, spend time in the sun, join virtual clubs and exercise classes, host group video chats, or dabble in art, cooking, baking, or whatever else you think may interest you and relax your mind in these hectic times. Finding meaningful ways to beat cabin fever that engage your brain and healthily occupy your time will help to alleviate the distress that comes with it. You know what they say, [quarantine] time flies when you’re having fun!
The View on the Square has a plethora of amenities that give you plenty of ways to beat cabin fever. From our resort-style pool and E-sports gaming room to our outdoor entertainment center and fully-equipped fitness center, you’ll have everything you need to beat boredom. Get in touch with our leasing team today to learn more about making View on the Square your next home!